Each print might look a little different since each one is hand aged.
PLEASE NOTE: PICTURES MAY SHOW DIFFERENT POEMS OR QUOTES, THESE ARE FOR FRAMING EXAMPLES ONLY.
- Handmade Item
- Print Sizes: 8 x 10; 8.5 x 11; 11 x 14
- Frame Sizes: 8 x 10; 11 x 13; 11 x 14; 14 x 17
- Frame Material: Barnwood
- Framed with glass
- Made to order
- Questions? Contact us!
Humor-ous Description: Display a piece of classic literature with its age and character intact. A unique addition to anyone’s den, office, study, foyer, billiard room, or ballroom. Or maybe you want it in the bathroom, and hey, who are we to judge? We could go on and on trying to combine complicated adjectives to motivate you to purchase our product, in fact we wish we could. But we can’t. We're too busy doing things like trying to age paper without it disintegrating in our hands, or getting our fingers stuck in the mechanism of a 71 year-old death-trap of a typewriter. (Wall behind print not included.)
Humor-less Description: We’ve hand typed the first page of the book The Scarlet Letter by Nathanial Hawthorne. (11 x 14 prints are machine printed using high-quality pigment based inks and are hand-aged.) All our prints use paper we have personally aged through our own multi-staged process. The pictures are taken without glass so you can see the detail, but be assured framed prints will ship with glass installed!
Processing Time & Shipping
- Free Shipping: Our products are handmade to order and will ship out in 3 business days. If you need it sooner, please select upgraded shipping at checkout.
- Upgraded Shipping: All orders with upgraded shipping purchased at checkout will be rush processed and shipped out the next business day (if ordered by 5pm EST).
- Not sure if you'll receive it in time? Please click here to contact us or use our live chat and we'll be happy to help!
- Returns: Don’t like it? Send it back in 30 days for a full refund! (See the bottom of the page for a link to our full refund policy.)
- Unframed Print (Available in 8 x 10; 8.5 x 11; 11 x 14): Hand-typed aged print mounted on backing board in a protective plastic sleeve. (Shipped in a sturdy-mailer)
- The Fitzgerald: Hand-typed aged print mounted in a minimalistic 8 x 10 rustic wood frame.
- The Frost: Hand-typed aged print mounted in an 8 x 10 rustic wood frame surrounded by a hand-twisted copper wire tree. (Copper has patina finish).
- The Hemingway: Hand-aged 11 x 14 print mounted in a minimalistic rustic wood frame.
- The Thoreau: Hand-typed aged 8.5 x 11 print suspended in between two sheets of glass and framed in minimalistic rustic wood.
- The Orwell: Hand-typed aged 8 x 10 print mounted in a beautiful multi-depth barnwood style frame. (11 x 13 total frame size.)
- The Emerson: Hand-aged 11 x 14 print mounted in a beautiful multi-depth barnwood style frame. (14 x 17 total frame size.)
Book Page Text
A THRONG of bearded men, in sad-colored garments, and gra steeple-crowned hats, intermixed with women, some wearing hoods and others bareheaded, was assembled in front of a wooden edifice, the door of which was heavily timbered with oak, and studded with iron spikes.
The founders of a new colony, whatever Utopia of human virtue and happiness they might originally project, have invariably recognized it among their earliest practical necessities to allot a portion of the virgin soil as a cemetery, and another portion as the site of a prison. In accordance with this rule, it may safely be assumed that the forefathers
of Boston had built the first prison-house somewhere in the vicinity of Cornhill, almost as seasonably as they marked out the first burial-ground, on Isaac Johnson's lot, and round about his grave, which subsequently became the nucleus of all the congregated sepulchres in the old churchyard of King's Chapel.