Each print might look a little different since each one is hand aged.
PLEASE NOTE: PICTURES MAY SHOW DIFFERENT POEMS OR QUOTES, THESE ARE FOR FRAMING EXAMPLES ONLY.
- Handmade Item
- Print Sizes: 8 x 10; 8.5 x 11; 11 x 14
- Frame Sizes: 8 x 10; 11 x 13; 11 x 14; 14 x 17
- Frame Material: Barnwood
- Framed with glass
- Made to order
- Questions? Contact us!
Humor-ous Description: Display a piece of classic literature with its age and character intact. A unique addition to anyone’s den, office, study, foyer, billiard room, or ballroom. Or maybe you want it in the bathroom, and hey, who are we to judge? We could go on and on trying to combine complicated adjectives to motivate you to purchase our product, in fact we wish we could. But we can’t. We're too busy doing things like trying to age paper without it disintegrating in our hands, or getting our fingers stuck in the mechanism of a 71 year-old death-trap of a typewriter. (Wall behind print not included.)
Humor-less Description: We’ve hand typed the first page of the classic short story The Masque (Mask) of the Red Death by Edgar Allan Poe. (11 x 14 prints are machine printed using high-quality pigment based inks and are hand-aged.) All our prints use paper we have personally aged through our own multi-staged process. The pictures are taken without glass so you can see the detail, but be assured framed prints will ship with glass installed!
Shipping & Returns
Processing Time & Shipping
- Free Shipping: Our products are handmade to order and will ship out in 3 business days. If you need it sooner, please select upgraded shipping at checkout.
- Upgraded Shipping: All orders with upgraded shipping purchased at checkout will be rush processed and shipped out the next business day (if ordered by 5pm EST).
- Not sure if you'll receive it in time? Please click here to contact us or use our live chat and we'll be happy to help!
- Returns: Don’t like it? Send it back in 30 days for a full refund! (See the bottom of the page for a link to our full refund policy.)
- Unframed Print (Available in 8 x 10; 8.5 x 11; 11 x 14): Hand-typed aged print mounted on backing board in a protective plastic sleeve. (Shipped in a sturdy-mailer)
- The Fitzgerald: Hand-typed aged print mounted in a minimalistic 8 x 10 rustic wood frame.
- The Frost: Hand-typed aged print mounted in an 8 x 10 rustic wood frame surrounded by a hand-twisted copper wire tree. (Copper has patina finish).
- The Hemingway: Hand-aged 11 x 14 print mounted in a minimalistic rustic wood frame.
- The Thoreau: Hand-typed aged 8.5 x 11 print suspended in between two sheets of glass and framed in minimalistic rustic wood.
- The Orwell: Hand-typed aged 8 x 10 print mounted in a beautiful multi-depth barnwood style frame. (11 x 13 total frame size.)
- The Emerson: Hand-aged 11 x 14 print mounted in a beautiful multi-depth barnwood style frame. (14 x 17 total frame size.)
The Masque of the Red Death
Edgar Allan Poe
The "Red Death" had long devastated the country. No pestilence had ever been so fatal, or so hideous. Blood was its Avatar and its seal—the redness and the horror of blood. There were sharp pains, and sudden dizziness, and then profuse bleeding at the pores, with dissolution. The scarlet stains upon the body and especially upon the face of the victim, were the pest ban which shut him out from the aid and from the sympathy of his fellow-men. And the whole seizure, progress and termination of the disease, were the incidents of half an hour.
But the Prince Prospero was happy and dauntless and sagacious. When his dominions were half depopulated, he summoned to his presence a thousand hale and light-hearted friends from among the knights and dames of his court, and with these retired to the deep seclusion of one of his castellated abbeys. This was an extensive and magnificent structure, the creation of the prince's own eccentric yet august taste. A strong and lofty wall girdled it in. This wall had gates of iron. The courtiers, having entered, brought furnaces and massy hammers and welded the bolts. They resolved to leave means neither of ingress nor egress to the sudden impulses of despair or of frenzy from within. The abbey was amply provisioned.