Each print might look a little different since each one is hand aged.
PLEASE NOTE: PICTURES MAY SHOW DIFFERENT POEMS OR QUOTES, THESE ARE FOR FRAMING EXAMPLES ONLY.
- Handmade Item
- Print Sizes: 8 x 10; 8.5 x 11; 11 x 14
- Frame Sizes: 8 x 10; 11 x 13; 14 x 17
- Frame Material: Barnwood
- Framed with glass
- Made to order
- Questions? Contact us!
Humor-ous Description: Display a piece of classic literature with its age and character intact. A unique addition to anyone’s den, office, study, foyer, billiard room, or ballroom. Or maybe you want it in the bathroom, and hey, who are we to judge? We could go on and on trying to combine complicated adjectives to motivate you to purchase our product, in fact we wish we could. But we can’t. We're too busy doing things like trying to age paper without it disintegrating in our hands, or getting our fingers stuck in the mechanism of a 71 year-old death-trap of a typewriter. (Wall behind print not included.)
Humor-less Description: We’ve hand typed the first page of the book A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. (11 x 14 prints are machine printed using high-quality pigment based inks and are hand-aged.) All our prints use paper we have personally aged through our own multi-staged process. The pictures are taken without glass so you can see the detail, but be assured framed prints will ship with glass installed!
Processing Time & Shipping
- Free Shipping: Our products are handmade to order and will ship out in 3 business days. If you need it sooner, please select upgraded shipping at checkout.
- Upgraded Shipping: All orders with upgraded shipping purchased at checkout will be rush processed and shipped out the next business day (if ordered by 5pm EST).
- Not sure if you'll receive it in time? Please click here to contact us or use our live chat and we'll be happy to help!
- Returns: Don’t like it? Send it back in 30 days for a full refund! (See the bottom of the page for a link to our full refund policy.)
- Unframed Print (Available in 8 x 10; 8.5 x 11; 11 x 14): Hand-typed aged print mounted on backing board in a protective plastic sleeve. (Shipped in a sturdy-mailer)
- The Fitzgerald: Hand-typed aged print mounted in a minimalistic 8 x 10 rustic wood frame.
- The Frost: Hand-typed aged print mounted in an 8 x 10 rustic wood frame surrounded by a hand-twisted copper wire tree. (Copper has patina finish).
- The Hemingway: Hand-aged 11 x 14 print mounted in a minimalistic rustic wood frame.
- The Thoreau: Hand-typed aged 8.5 x 11 print suspended in between two sheets of glass and framed in minimalistic rustic wood.
- The Orwell: Hand-typed aged 8 x 10 print mounted in a beautiful multi-depth barnwood style frame. (11 x 13 total frame size.)
- The Emerson: Hand-aged 11 x 14 print mounted in a beautiful multi-depth barnwood style frame. (14 x 17 total frame size.)
Book Page Text
A TALE OF TWO CITIES.
In Three Books.
BOOK THE FIRST. RECALLED TO LIFE.
IT was the best of times, it was the worst of times, it was the age of wisdom, it was the age of foolishness, it was the epoch of belief, it was the epoch of incredulity, it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness, it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair, we had everything before us, we had nothing before us, we were all going direct to Heaven, we were all going direct the other way— in short, the period was so far like the present period, that some of its noisiest authorities insisted on its being received, for good or for evil, in the superlative degree of comparison only.
There were a king with a large jaw and a queen with a plain face, on the throne of England; there were a king with a large jaw and a queen with a fair face, on the throne of France. In both countries it was clearer than crystal to the lords of the State preserves of loaves and fishes, that things in general were settled for ever.